Translate

Thursday 29 November 2012

Unwanted generation

“I feel wanted!” Those words are the best I’ve heard for a long time. “I feel wanted.” It’s sort of music to my ears, my spirit.  I’ve gone over those words a few times in my head and fed with joy upon them: “I feel wanted.”

Me thinks we’ve just got to be doing something right at Promise* for a homeless 21 year old, thrown out of home by mum, to come and stay with us and say that.

It’s not what we’ve said because we haven’t really said anything very much.

Wanted, wanted, wanted. Just imagine how many more unwanted people can come and stay amongst God’s people and say, ‘I feel wanted. I’ve found family.’

You know, this is what pleases God. He loves our worship, He loves our praise and He loves it when He knows He can send the unwanted to us and they will feel wanted. And we know, He will, in His time, send us more!



* a Christian community house in Coventry where I live.

No comments: